Hello there! It’s been a long time!
WHERE WAS I?
I know it’s been a while. And it’s been about six months since my last post.
A lot was going on… First, my husband, my son and I left the US and traveled Europe for a month.
We’ve seen our parents, sisters, niece, nephews, friends… Oh! A lot was going on and it was great!
SO WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?
Then a question came to my head: “Why have not I created my first book yet? I wanted it for such a long time…”
It is my dream for years already and I was still postponing it…
So, I decided: “Enough! I’m doing it!” …Yep! Just like that!
SO DID I DO IT?
Yes, I did! It took about 4 to 5 months to create my first book. I learned a lot.
I learned that:
1. You need to be strong and stubborn to continue and finish what you started.
2. And when you are finished with your illustrations (in my case it was watercolor illustrations) then the time of “scanning-processing-preparing-designing-reviewing-redoing” :)) begins!
And again you need to be strong to go through all the pages, to pay attention to all the details… ugh! But I liked it!
3. Then I learned how to prepare the book for printing. I used Create Space. It is quite easy to go through all the steps and they have a lot of information on their site.
I learned what sizes I need, I learned about the importance of CMYK, margins, and bleeds… I learned how to make a Cover. And that was great too!
4. I learned how the process of approving/reviewing/proofing goes.
5. And finally, I learned what it’s like to have your newborn book in your hands for the first time. And it is awesome!
ENOUGH OF THE WORDS! SHOW US THE BOOK!
You can buy it on Amazon and also right now I’m giving away three books to the first three people who will PM me. Here’s my Instagram account @come.on.mila. Please read the details in my Instagram post.
That’s it for now! See you!